Liityin mukaan kansainväliseen salaiseen neuleystävään. Tässä kysely:
I joined the Secret Pal 10. Here’s the questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like to knit all natural fibers, but I prefer animal fibers (cotton really isn’t my thing). I can’t stand acrylic or other non-organic fibers (except in small percentages when it comes to sock yarns).
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I’ve got one metal box where I’ve stuffed all my needles and crochet hooks. It’s not pretty.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was 9 or 10, I think. Since then I’ve knitted more or less continuously, so I’d say advanced. There are some techniques that I haven’t tried yet but I intend to try all of them, I really do. (:
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
Apples or vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love everything sweet. I like all candy except marmalade. Chocolate is always good. (:
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do origami and I’d love to learn how to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, my computer can play mp3s. I like all sorts of music which basically means nothing to anyone. I mostly listen to punk or ska though.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I’m picky about colours. I love greens and blues the most, and I really don’t like reds or pinks unless their broken (something more earthy and natural). I like all earthy tones like brown and orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend and we have a small terrier.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, and mittens yes, ponchos no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I’d probably have to go with socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Pomatomus- socks from Koigu KPPPM.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, unless they’re something to wear, since I’m oddly shaped (really small hands/feet etc.) and they rarely fit. But stuff that doesn’t need to be my size I love.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use circulars for bigger knits, but I always use DPNs for smaller projects. I use both wooden and aluminum needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t have any UFOs (except the one I’m knitting), since I’m pretty anal retentive when it comes to finishing my knits. I’m just odd that way.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. No doubt about it.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, knitting books… But you knew that already, didn’t you? I love Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series, and I have collected some of the paraphenelia over the years.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Lately I’ve been trying out different sock yarns and I’ve yet to try Socks That Rock. Other than that, almost everything goes. I don’t have any subscriptions but I try to buy Interweave Knits and occasionally try other knitting magazines. I’d love to get to know more craftsy magazines.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Entrelac. I’m looking forward to the Spring edition of IK.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am. I have small feet: US size 6 (Finnish 36).
23. When is your birthday?
3rd of November.